Rechercher dans ce blog

Sunday, December 19, 2021

I really worked hard for this: Srikanth - The Tribune India

hard.indah.link

Huelva (Spain), December 19

The World Championships silver medal is a culmination of years of intense hard work, said India’s Kidambi Srikanth after falling short of the top prize here today.

“In a few tournaments, I played really well and in a few tournaments I couldn’t play well this year, but again, to reach the final of a World Championships is something that I really worked hard for, and I am really happy to be here today,” said Srikanth, who lost to Loh Kean Yew of Singapore today.

“I will continue to work hard, it is a process and there are many other tournaments next year, like the Commonwealth Games, Asian Games, World Championships, so it is a very big year. So I will try to stay positive,” he added.

“It has been a great week. Even today I had my chances in both the games. I had a healthy lead in first game and, even in the second game, I had an 18-16 cushion. I was not able to finish the match today. Loh played really well. Lot of things to learn from this, so definitely I will work on this and try and get better for next tournaments,” he added.

“Going into this match, I really wanted to be positive and not make mistakes. But sometimes it happens; one has to win, one has to lose. I tried to stay in the match, it kind of worked in the second game but it is important to finish off the match, but yeah, it is something I will need to work on,” he added.

Loh was in disbelief after becoming the first player from his country to win a World Championships title. “I cannot believe it. I mean, at the start of the year I didn’t think it will happen. Now I can tell you I am finally happy, I don’t have to focus on the match tomorrow,” said Loh.

Not satisfied with bronze, says Lakshya

Not satisfied with a bronze medal in his maiden World Championships, Lakshya Sen has vowed to go for the gold next time, even as the young shuttler trains his eyes on the All England Championships and 2022 Commonwealth Games.

The 20-year-old signed off with a bronze after losing to Srikanth on Saturday. “It has been a long tournament and it is difficult to take such a loss when you are so close,” Sen, who squandered a slender 15-13 lead in the decider, said. “At least, I got a bronze, but I am not happy. I’m not very satisfied with the performance in the semifinals. I played a lot of good matches, faced some tough opponents, even in the semifinal it was a close match, it could have gone in anybody’s favour. The medal is something to look forward to... next time I will go for the gold.”

“The bronze medal is a big confidence booster for me, it is a stepping stone for future tournaments. All the big tournaments such as CWG, Asiad, All England are lined up next year and I am looking forward to do well in these events,” he added.

Sen, who entered the top-20 this year, he is now eyeing the top-10 bracket. — PTI

Adblock test (Why?)

The Link Lonk


December 20, 2021 at 10:22AM
https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/sports/i-really-worked-hard-for-this-srikanth-352445

I really worked hard for this: Srikanth - The Tribune India

https://news.google.com/search?q=hard&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Elon Musk’s politics are crashing hard into his business - POLITICO

hard.indah.link [unable to retrieve full-text content] Elon Musk’s politics are crashing hard into his business    POLITICO The Link Lonk...

Popular Posts